POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : render direction : Re: render direction Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render direction
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 9 Nov 2000 18:35:51
Message: <3A0B34F2.1E7DF5E5@peak.edu.ee>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> Very simple:  Procedural texture are based on pseudo-random number
> generators.  While you get the same sequence for every render, you do not
> get a reverse sequence when you render from bottom to top.

So how come you get the same pattern at different resolutions and with/without
AA, or when rendering only a subset of the image?
E.g. if I were to render a 480-line image by doing
(+SR480 +ER480), (+SR479 +ER479), ...
would I get a result different from a top-down render?

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee